Carpets form an integral part of our home environment and interior decor. Any damage or problem associated with carpets can directly affect home hygiene thus our health. Flooding of water can affect or property as well as belongings. Carpets too are prone to suffer water damage in case of flooding. Dirty water will promote the growth of many dangerous germs and pathogens. Another big problem associated with water damage is that of the odour. Sewage overflow, water flooding or bacteria in the wet carpet will cause the carpet to stink. This bad odour released by the carpet will affect the indoor air negatively. This contamination of fresh breathable air will affect our breathing and directly affect the health of our lungs. So we advise you to hire professional carpet cleaning services for Local Carpet Flood Damage Restoration in Brisbane and carpet odour removal services. In this blog, we are going to provide you with some measures you can take to eliminate carpet odours after water damage.
Follow The Instructions Given Below for Carpet Odour Removal and Carry Carpet Deodorisation at Home.
Fix the Source Of flooding Or Water Damage First:Before starting carpet odour removal make sure you have fixed the source of flooding or water damage. If the source is not fixed then you should remove the carpet from the flooded area before starting carpet deodorisation as to prevent further water damage.
Pull The Carpet Up:Now you should start by pulling up the carpet. You will need to remove the baseboards form the walls and start pulling the carpet off the track strip placed at the edges of your room. With your carpet and padding up, make sure that underlying floor is where free and dry and there is no sign of black mould. Air dry the carpet and its padding under the sunlight to get rid of remaining moisture and water content left in the carpet.
Drying the Room:If you can’t dry the carpet outdoors, you will need to dry the carpet indoors. You can use your regular ceiling fans or rent some heavy duty fans from the market. Use them to speed up the carpet drying process. You can also rent commercial air dehumidifiers that will also speed up the carpet drying process. Fans and dehumidifiers will also help in maintaining the overall moisture in the room and will also help in regulating proper airflow needed in drying the carpet. It is essential for your room to be dry and moisture free or else you carpets will take a lot of time to be dried.
Carpet Odour Removal VS Carpet Deodorisation
- Since the carpet is now dry, it’s time to start carpet deodorisation. Start by sprinkling some amount of baking soda powder to the affected areas of the carpet. Let the baking soda powder rest in on the carpet for a few hours.
- After a few hours, you need to use a vacuum cleaner and remove all the extra baking soda powder on the carpet.
- Now prepare a solution of white vinegar and warm water both taken in equal parts. Pour this solution in an empty spray bottle.
- Spray this solution over the affected areas of the carpet where you sprinkled baking soda powder. Make sure you spray it extensively and cover all the areas effectively. After a few minutes, you will see the odour has vanished and your carpets will feel fresh.
- You can also use some natural oils or essential oils along with white vinegar to add extra fragrance and to get rid of germs and pathogens. Oils like peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil are very good for carpet odour removal and carpet sanitisation
- Baking soda, white vinegar and essential oils can also be used for routine carpet cleaning as well and to keep nasty odours at bay.
Hire Professional Assistance for Flood Damage Restoration Services
We are a renowned name in the field of professional carpet cleaning services. We provide our customers with all kinds of services form carpet cleaning to carpet deodorisation. Vanish Cleaning Services Company use all the latest commercial products to deliver the best carpet deodorisation results possible. We always rely on using natural and eco-friendly fragrances to add that extra freshness to your carpets. All of our carpet cleaning services are available for you at affordable costs. Hire our professional carpet cleaning services today and get your carpets cleaned by experts within 24 hours.
Related Source: – 5 Carpet Cleaning Hacks from Pros That Nobody Will Tell You